The Department of Transport and Main Roads is moving forward with its planning for a cycle route between Samford and Ferny Grove, for which $1 million was allocated in this year’s state budget.
Some more information is in the flyer from the Department about the current consulation: ( PDF, 1.5 MB)
There are two proposed routes being investigated:
- A dedicated cycling lane following Samford Road from Samford Village to the Ferny Grove Train Station.
- A route connecting residential roads in Samford and Ferny Grove through a bushland setting along the former railway line to Ferny Grove.
The planning phase of the project is expected to be completed in April 2012 when the designers will recommend the route that will best meet residents’ needs.
Get involved and have your say!
Community consultation is an important part of our active transport and road planning processes.
You can provide feedback by:
- Attending an information session
- Emailing your comments to
- Calling the project team on 3137 8421
- Completing the form over the page.
The department values your opinion and looks forward to receiving your feedback.
Public information sessions
Saturday 3 December, 1:30-2:30pm
Samford CWA Hall, Main Street, Samford
Monday 5 December, 7:00-8:00pm
Old Catholic Church, Samford Road, Samford