Brisbane’s inner city bikeway network is finally getting back to the state it was in before the floods. This morning the Bicentennial Bikeway opened again, and the majority of other bikeways are now open too.
We’re expecting another report from Council soon, but here are our observations as of this evening:
- Bicentennial Bikeway (Toowong to Victoria Bridge): open.
- North Bank (Victoria Bridge to Goodwill Bridge): open
- Goodwill Bridge: open
- Kurilpa Bridge: open 6 am to 6 pm only
- Riverside Drive: open
- Go-Between Bridge: open (bikeway, road and footpath)
- Victoria Bridge: open
- South Bank promenade: closed. Detour through parklands or via Grey Street.
- Kurilpa Bridge to Victoria Bridge boardwalk: closed
- Kangaroo Point boardwalk: open
- Floating Riverwalk: destroyed
- Riverside: partially open: open from Boundary St (near Story Bridge) to Creek St (near Jade Buddha), closed to Alice St. Detour via footpaths on Eagle St, Felix St, Margaret St and Edward St.
- Botanic gardens: open
- South-East Freeway: open
- Western Freeway: open.
- Eleanor Schonell Bridge: open
- Kedron Brook: open