BCC Notice: City Reach Closure

Paul just forwarded a notice from the BCC Active Transport Unit:

The Port of Brisbane has informed Council that there will be two closures along the City Reach Boardwalk from September 1 to September 4 for maintenance works.

1. Boardwalk adjacent to Admiralty Towers

This section will be reduced to 2.5m as of tomorrow morning. People are asked to slow down around this site. Traffic controllers will be in place.

2. Boardwalk adjacent to 145 Eagle Street

This section will be closed completely tomorrow morning. A signed detour will be provided by the Port of Brisbane utilising two existing ramps.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to BCC Notice: City Reach Closure

1. Donald says:

I must say I enjoy the little notice Port of Brisbane give us. This closure was still up infront of eagle Street yesterday at 6pm. The fence that has been put in has been drilled into the pavement so I have a feeling it will be lasting longer than they say.

2. Sebastian Tauchmann says:

Oh goody.

If you, or anyone else for that matter, have a photo of the works to share that’d be great.

Thanks.

3. Donald says:

4. Sebastian Tauchmann says:

Oh goody.

Thanks.

5. Donald says:

Ok I have sent photos off to sebastian. As off today at 4pm 7/9/07 the bikeway is reopen with a metal plate put down with fake grass applied over it. The opening is only about 2-3metres but atleast it is open.

6. Donald says:

7. Sebastian Tauchmann says:

Donald: Not sure where you sent the photos, but they haven’t ended up in my inbox.

Try again?

8. Sebastian Tauchmann says:

Try again?

9. Muhammad says:

I used to hang my bike clothes in my locekr at work, but they’re still damp when I get changed to ride home. Now I don’t bother hanging them. Doesn’t matter, it’s not as if it’s cold, and I’m going to get wet again anyway.