Ride to Work Day – Impresssions

My impressions of this morning’s event at Brisbane Square:

• Crowds weren’t as dense. This could be either because there’s more space in Brisbane Square than in King George Square or because there weren’t as many people.
  • Lots of interest in CBD BUG and EaST BUG.
  • Lots more non-cyclists standing around enjoying the spectacle or at least passing by and seeing what’s going on.
  • Brisbane Square is a bit easier to access the bikeway than King George Square is.

There, I’m done.

Any readers want to share their thoughts?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Ride to Work Day – Impresssions

1. Aaron Wray says:

I find King George easier to get to from my route on the north (but agree it is more convenient for those coming from south/west) it was a pain to go across town through the construction areas. Numbers did seem down was that a promotion thing? The BUG stall position could have been better but I’m pleased they considered us. I feel it was more shady with the buildings blocking he sun. Bike parking as always at a premium.

2. Aaron Wray says:

3. Anonymous says:

Disappointed with Merlo coffee stand. They didn’t cater for the lactose intolerant people and had NO soy milk. Then again – what does one expect when they’re giving it away – probably was a bit too much to ask. Oh well.

4. Anonymous says:

5. Anonymous says:

I too was disappointed with Merlo not offering soy. I had my free coffee black, so at least there was a bit of choice.

6. Anonymous says:

7. Anonymous says:

Well, the National Ride to Work Day is today – 17 October 2007, I know this because it is well advertised. And like quite a few others (who didn’t bother to check) I rode in today. Now I’ll except that I’m the idiot here, but it does beg a question: Why does every other capital city in Australia ride to work today, except Brisbane? We leave it until it is out of sync with the Nation, and much hotter. Ah, life in the smart State.

8. Anonymous says: